This quote is the perfect sentiment to understand the effectiveness of DISC assessment resources: “The number one criteria for advancement and promotion for professionals is an ability to communicate effectively.” — Harvard Business Review.
This quote is a huge message to all, as companies move towards better resources to recruit and retain the best people. A few things we need to keep in mind is:
- Just hard work is not enough, you need to connect to get ahead.
- Just doing a great job is not enough. You need to be intentional in communicating with others.
- Waiting for someone to recognize how much you are doing is not enough. You need to showcase it.
This is where personality and behavior assessments (DISC) come in handy.
disc assessment benefits and effectiveness
DISC assessment resources are effective in the following ways:
- Increased Productivity: When individuals understand their strengths and weaknesses, they can work more efficiently and effectively. DISC helps individuals identify their strengths and areas for improvement, which can lead to increased productivity.
- Better Team Dynamics: DISC helps individuals understand the strengths and weaknesses of their team members. This leads to better team dynamics and improved collaboration.
- Improved Communication: DISC helps individuals understand their own communication style and the communication style of others. This leads to improved communication and collaboration within teams and across departments.
- Improved Hiring: DISC can be used in the hiring process to identify candidates who have the right personality traits for the job. This can lead to better hiring decisions and improved employee retention.
- Enhanced Leadership: DISC can be used to help leaders understand their own leadership style and the leadership styles of their team members. This leads to improved leadership and better team performance.
DISC assessment resources are applicable as a tool for individuals, teams, as well as employee training and coaching resources. DISC assessment benefits also include better hiring procedures and leadership development.
Disc assessment resources
Additional DISC resources include:
- Customized Reports
- Individual and Team Coaching
- Leadership and Communication Development
DISC assessment resources are incredibly useful to adjust effectiveness, productivity, and performance. Communication issues should never be a stopping point to progress and growth. When DISC assessments are applied in a professional setting, it will look a lot like the following:
- Describing and sharing their vision better.
- Work with their employees to gain consensus and move forward.
- Connect at a personal level to build long-lasting relationships.
“If I went back to college again, I would concentrate on two areas: learning to write and to speak before an audience. Nothing in life is more important than the ability to communicate effectively.” — President Gerald Ford.