When looking at our personalities and how we behave with others, I like to remind people not to stay at the “Animal Level of Awareness” which makes us act purely out of instinct. Or, the “Mass of Consciousness Level” where we follow and stay in our comfort zone. This is where DISC assessment companies can help us analyze our behavior.
Personality assessments are not made to put us in boxes where we stop thinking and using our characteristics as perfect excuses to misbehave. At the end of the day:
- We never know the whole story of someone’s life.
- We need to extend grace to ourselves and others.
- We all can relate to the fear of stepping beyond our comfort zone.
Our story is important to help others move forward. Transition is a very fluid thing.
THE DISC COMMUNICATION ASSESSMENT
A DISC communication assessment is a personality profiling system that focuses on four different behavioral traits: Dominance, Influence, Steadiness, and Conscientiousness. It is widely used in various settings such as personal growth, leadership development, sales, customer service, and team building.
- Dominance: People who score high in the intensity of the ‘D’ styles factor are very active in dealing with problems and challenges.
- Influence: People with high ‘I’ scores influence others through talking and activity and tend to be emotional.
- Steadiness: People with high ‘S’ scores want a steady pace and security, and do not like sudden change.
- Conscientiousness: People with high ‘C’ scores adhere to rules, regulations, and structure. They like to do quality work and do it right the first time.
disc assessment companies
Companies that offer DISC typically provide a wide range of DISC communication assessments and evaluations, including:
- Providing online tests or questionnaires that individuals or organizations can use to assess their own or their employees’ personality traits. The results of these assessments can help individuals understand their behavior, communication style, strengths, and areas for improvement.
- Offering training and development programs, using the results of the DISC assessments to help individuals improve their interpersonal skills, team dynamics, leadership abilities, and overall job performance.
- Providing consulting services to organizations. They can help businesses use the results of the DISC assessments to make informed decisions about hiring, team building, leadership development, and organizational culture.
- Offering certification programs for HR professionals, coaches, and consultants. These programs teach participants how to administer and interpret DISC assessments.
Depending on the specific needs of an organization, a DISC communication assessment can also provide customized solutions. This might include integrating the DISC model into an existing human resource system, developing a tailored training program, or creating a unique team-building activity.
A DISC exam is designed to help individuals understand their communication style and how to adapt and adjust their behavior to improve communication and relationships.
Remember: “Accept responsibility for your life. Know that it is you who will get you where you want to go, no one else.” — Less Brown